random recipes and the like

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Autumn Apples

Sorry there are no real measurements, I just made this up on a whim.

Healthy Version:
4 chopped apples
Cinnamon to taste
Cloves to taste

Place apples in a shallow skillet, sprinkle with spices and stir. The cinnamon and cloves will disperse as the apples cook. Cook, covered, over med-low heat about 20 minutes or until apples are tender. Stir periodically. Keep the cover on as much as possible; the apples soften from the trapped steam. A big plate or cookie sheet will work as a cover if no lid is available.

Not So Healthy Version:
Sauté apples in 1 tablespoon butter before adding cinnamon and cloves. Cook as directed above. Remove cover, sprinkle with brown sugar and stir until sugar melts.
:: posted by aimee, 11:42 AM

2 Comments:

That sounds amazing.

The recipes I write always have measurements, but that's it. I just list ingredients, because it seems obvious to me what to do with them. I have to force myself to write instructions when I'm writing the recipe down for someone else.
Anonymous anne arkham, at 5:11 PM  
They were a huge hit, Aimee. Everyone loved them. Danke.
Blogger Joe Fuel, at 9:28 PM  

Add a comment